Thread: Magic Find Gear

League of Legends
    Diablo III
    Starcraft II

Magic Find Gear

For those of you 60's farming hell n inferno, are you guys trying to spec as much MF as you can on top of valor or just relying upon valor for the buff.

I hate to really give up the needed stats just to get MF stats because it'll probably make things harder and longer to kill on top of dying more I would think. So maybe try and find primary stat(s) sacrificing other ideal stats for the MF?

Village Genius League of Legends
    Diablo III
    valor buff mostly i might have about 20-30% without it but it just happened to be on gear i wanted to survive/dps

Lit the last Smoke Diablo III
    Starcraft II
    I have a "complete" MF set that I run act1/act2 inferno with because I can't kill Belial yet (not every piece has mf on it). With 5 stacks of the valor buff I have around 190% MF so far. Damage isn't hurt too bad because of the playstyle I'm playing on my DH right now is based largely off of my weapon damage, so as long as I have a high weapon damage I'm still able to breeze through regular mobs solo, takes usuaully a wipe or 2 to kill a champion set or rare pack, but well within the 30 minute valor buff time to keep rolling it.

If you'd like I'll post what I use, it will definitely take awhile to get used to because it's not the typical "hunter" style. I'm able to survive for quite some time and get 80k crits (on the high end) pretty regularly.

edit: lots of players carry around any and all MF gear they find just to have in their inv so when you find one of those good chests you can throw on as much MF as you can before you open it. I *THINK* that if you get a rare mob down to say 5%, then you swap gear, the stuff dropped will be modified by the "new" mf %. I can't find anyone that can give me an answer to whether or not this is false, and I've done it on a few mobs where I couldn't lose the stats to kill them and they all seem to drop rares so I think it does work but I'm not 100%.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-29-2012 at 12:08 AM.

League of Legends
    Diablo III
    Starcraft II
    I went ahead and bought some stuff that gave me about 150 MF I think it ended up being. I couldn't afford good gear with MF on it, so I just went cheap for now. I planned to do farm the treasure goblin in act 2 inferno. Unfortunately that didn't go as planned, lol.

I could find him, but changing into the MF gear I couldn't kill him so it's unfortunately not doable for me. Wish to heck it was because it's a great farm. If anyone is interested, we can try doing the group method. Basically everyone creates their own game, looks for the goblin. If he's in someone's game, everyone leaves their game and joins the one game to kill the goblin. In the group, we should have 2-3 with as much MF as possible, and the others in there normal gear so we can kill the goblin. Hit me up if anyone wants to at least try it.

Thread Information