League of Legends
    Diablo III
    Starcraft II

Clarification on Dmg...

Want to refer to you pros on this, as a wizard, my Dmg depends on my wand or whatever weapon's base Dmg I'm using? And then the higher the Int the higher I increase Dmg?

Village Genius League of Legends
    Diablo III
    yeah basically your spell damage = weapon dmg + int modifier, and your cast speed = weapon atk spd. DPS is the combination of the two.

Little Spoon Star Wars: TOR
    League of Legends
    WOW Archimonde
    Diablo III
    Starcraft II
    Yep. Get the best weapon you can (most dmg). I know that Gil runs around with a bow that has like 146DPS, + dmg to Arcane. His spell DPS is like something 2000 or whatever.
    "don't understand why churches and 'family groups' spend millions of dollars a year on abstinence-only instruction when a World of Warcraft account only costs fifteen dollars a month and has a much better record of ensuring virginity." ~bash.org

Village Genius League of Legends
    Diablo III
    for wiz/wd since your big nukes are restrained by arcane power/mana sometimes a slower big damage weapon can be more damage than a fast/low dmg because it uses the actual weapon. So 3 slightly slower casts with a 100dmg weapon and then waiting on refill while your spam sig spell could actually be more real damage than a very fast 50dmg weapon. Really the difference isnt huge and its nto worth losing a ton of char screen dps for that, but if the difference is really close but the weapon damage is vastly different, i'd go with the big/slow weapon.
    Last edited by -=NeonovaS=-; 05-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.

God's Away on Business League of Legends
    Diablo III
    the int modifier is multiplicative, not additive, meaning increasing your base damage is preferrable to increasing the int modifier, ceteris paribus.

as neo said, the dps on a weapon takes into account both per hit and atk speed to equate dps. however, resource usage and DOTs are not taken into account. as a witchdoctor, i much prefer a 2h for htese reasons. i am mana constrained and i get more dmg per unit of mana out of a big slow weapon. my DOTs damage is based on the damage of the weapon, not the dps, and there is a set tick speed that does not change with attack speed.

as a WD, i've used 2h xbows, polearms, hammers, whatever. i go for big damage regardless of weapon type.

in late hell/inferno when kiting is required, things change. since trash mobs 1-2 shot me and mortar mobs are everywhere, mobility is the most important thing. slow cast animations from a 2h can get me killed. switching up my build to a very fast attack speed lets me get more pokes in while stutterstepping. also, WDs have a passive with a % proc to create a fetish minion which is greatly improved by a faster attack speed weapon.

Thread Information