PDA

View Full Version : wireless

Dave
09-13-2005, 04:10 PM
for those of you wondering (just Nick I think), I got the d-link wireless, it was on sale for $20 at Best Buy. Hopefully itll work when we finally get the cable hooked up in a week.

Helix
09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
I am living with my grandmother atm, we set up a wireless network for her (well for us), and I have my computer set up in the garage, and my signle is kinda weak, so whenever anyone walks in between me and it, my connection dies. So if you dont have to much shit in the way you should be AOK. BTW we have a linksys one.

StormFire
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
helix, you can get a signal booster and place it somewhere between the router and your PC.

Helix
09-13-2005, 09:34 PM
This is temporary so I will live with it.

Dave
09-21-2005, 12:55 AM
got it all set up today, seems to be working fine now. The router is maybe 10 feet from my room, but the 2 walls in between got in the way in the beginning and I wasnt getting much higher than a "good" signal. I took it into the room with the router for a few minutes, walked back, and its been on "excellent" since then.

But we dont get signal in the living room, which is downstairs next to my room. Kinda sucks because its 25 feet tops, but whatever.