PDA

View Full Version : cpu problem need help

12-07-2003, 10:43 AM
ok i got 2 computers...1st computer with 256mb ram n 64mb the other only 2x32mb so i took the 256mb n 64mb n put it on my 2nd comp to see if it worked bc its a slower computer n i needed more ram. After i found it worked i tried to put them back on the 1st computer now it doesnt work or doesnt load at all...the cpu seems to b loading i see the fan running...but nothing happens on the screen when i turn my comp on...i dunno if i put the ram in wrong or nething but my cousin tried all night to put it in but still doesnt work.

what could b the problem?? is my motherboard broken or sumin...or am i still not putting the ram in right?

i really need i dunno wat to do

Tass
12-07-2003, 10:52 AM
could be that your motherboard requires you to put the bigger module in the first dimm slot.

could also be that you may have jarred something loose while in there... make sure the ram is in tight and that none of the cards are sitting halfway out of their sockets (Give the video card a good press; as is often the case)

12-07-2003, 12:35 PM
thx for the support it was the video card that wasnt in tight

but i had to put the 256mb in the 1st comp in order for it to work bc the 64mb didnt work

the thinnk i dont understand is y the 64mb dont work bc when i bought the comp thats wut it came with bc i upgraded the ram with a 256 thats means my comp should b able to read a 64mb

is there ne reason y it cant read it??